If there is a diet related to eating, there is a diet related to thinking. Emmet Fox calls the thinking diet as THE MENTAL DIET… ‘‘physically our whole body is composed of the food that we have eaten in the past, mentally our mind is composed of the thoughts that have dwelled upon past experience’ ‘the most important of all factors in our lives is the mental diet on which we live. It is the thoughts we allow ourselves to think, the subjects that we allow ourselves to dwell upon, which make us and our surroundings what they are. The point is if we want to make our lives happy and worthwhile, which is what God wishes us to make it; we must begin immediately to train ourselves in the HABIT of thought selection and though control.
Some people eat junk food, and the others eat healthy food. In the same way, people think negative thoughts, others think positive thoughts.
You can reduce the amount of food you eat, lose weight and shape your body, and you can also reject certain thoughts and substitude some more motivating and positive thoughts.
You can follow a certain diet, and eat certain food in certain quantities at certain times. Similarly, you can follow a mental diet, rejecting negative thoughts and overthinkings, calming your mind, and strengthening it.
You can take care to intake healthy foods, and you can also take care of what you think, what you put into your mind.
You may fill your mind with thoughts from morning till night, as most people do, or you can choose to give your mind some rest. You can choose to follow a “Mental Diet” and reduce your overthinking and mental uneasiness.
I realize that I have not been able to effectively control my thoughts, the negative thoughts. I learnt some great deals from Emmet Fox on how to control the negative thoughts in seven days. Before starting the 7 day diet, I need to allow this diet stirring up all my challenges, it means things are moving. For the moment, I feel that all the exercises have awaken all of my buried negative thoughts that have been repressed for a very long time. THAT IS A GOOD SIGN:-) … if my world rocking on its foundations, I dare greatly, I let it rock and when the rocking is over, and the picture will have reassembled itself into something much nearer to my heart’s desire, my DMP… Then during the 7 day diet, I need to take a step to avoid having a contact with people who are highly likely to arouse the devil in me. Next, don’t classify the positive and negative thoughts; if your brain tries to deceive you, your heart whispers the truth. Also I made a how to list of implementing the mental diet.
- Concentration. I gain the inner power to observe my mind on the thoughts of my choice by improving my concentration.
- Observing the thoughts I am thinking are useful and can help me in anything good.
- Acknowledge the fact that I can choose my thoughts. Thinking is usually an automatic process, but with more awareness of what is going in my mind, and with some self-discipline, I will be able to reduce the time spent on unnecessary thoughts.
- Try to choose my thoughts, and reject thoughts that cause strain, stress and unhappiness. This might not be simple and easy, therefore, don’t be frustrated if I fail over. Keep trying, and till I gradually develop this skill.
- Always remain the power of being present. No thoughts about the past and the fears about the future. My mental diet should not include thoughts of anger, resentment and envy.
My biggest challenge is to forgive. As the law of forgiveness mentions that to access the Divine and connect the subconscious to the Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent creator we must forgive everyone and anyone to clear the channel. There can be no connection to the Divine mind where anger or resentment against a brother or sister, justified or not, exists… I have learnt that forgive someone let go without accept what they have done to you, don’t let the feeling of indignation and resentment entertain my thought.
I would say that daily Mental diet can lead to reducing the mental noise, and gaining inner peace, mental focus, and mental mastery.
I promise to go on the 7 day mental diet by 14 November, 2017
I always keep my promises